A diverse toolkit to assess system technology strengths/ weaknesses and gauge potential on various applications and workflows compared against the state of the art.
Nathan Tallent, Task Lead
CENATE technology evaluations aim to extract insights from measurements by:
- Assessing a system’s internal and external quality, e.g., what are the strengths/weaknesses? Key bottlenecks? What is a system’s potential given evolutionary technology?
- Comparing and contrasting results for early technologies against mainstream systems.
- Developing and enhancing evaluation procedures.
- Conducting workload characterization, including microbenchmarks, applications, and workflows.
- Formalizing and automating evaluation techniques, especially related to provision of tools, modeling, and measurement.